Narang n Kishor
Mentor & Principal design architect,
narnix technolabs pvt. Ltd.
• Kishor is currently leading the Smart Cities Standardization Globally as “Convener of Reference Architecture Work Group in IEC Systems Committee on Smart Cities”
• He is also the Co-Editor of ISO Standards – ISO 30145 on Smart City ICT Reference Framework & ISO 30146 on Smart Cities ICT Indicators.
• At the National level, he is leading the Smart Cities Standardization work in ICT & Electrotechnology domains as the Chairman of LITD 28 – Sectional Committee on Smart Infrastructure at BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards). He is leading the Standards development for Unified & Secure ICT Architecture for Smart Cities/ Infrastructure.
• Professionally, Kishor is a Technology Consultant, Mentor & Design Architect with Organizations of National & International repute in the fields of Electrical, Electronics & ICT. He has over 40 years of professional experience in education, research, design and technology consulting.
• After a brief stint in Design, Industry & Academics, he started narnix in 1981 to act as the “Technology Interface” for the Industry, Business and Society. narnix is one of the pioneer “Independent Design Houses” in India, engaged in design & technology consultancy, providing complete Design & Development Support to Electronic Products & Systems Manufacturing, as well as Solution Deploying Organizations.
• He has over 200 research & design mentees in the STI (Science Technology & Innovation) and ESDM (Electronics System Design & Manufacturing) Ecosystems.
• His current focus is to develop Framework, Architecture & Standards for end-to-end unified & secure ICT Infrastructure for Smart Cities.
• As an Expert and National Committee (BIS) Representative, he has been contributing in Global Standardization Activities of IEC, ISO, ITU and IEEE.
• He had helped evolve Standards & Standardization Roadmaps in the fields of Smart Cities, Smart Infrastructure, ICT, IoT, Sensor Networks, Communication Technologies, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Energy, LVDC, Microgrids, Electric Mobility and Active Assisted Living etc.
Session: Securing nations and business