Dr. Rishi Mohan Bhatnagar
Aeris Communications, India
Dr. Rishi Mohan Bhatnagar is an established Thought Leader in the Internet of Things and Digital Space. He brings over two decades of industry experience, working for Information Technology companies.
Currently, as President, Aeris India (privately held, Silicon Valley based company, in the m2m/IoT business since 1992), Dr Bhatnagar is leading the Aeris business in the Indian subcontinent, MEA and the APAC region. Aeris in India is enabling telecom operators and enterprises to jumpstart IoT services through an integrated end-to-end IoT solution.
Prior to joining Aeris, Dr Bhatnagar worked with Tech Mahindra (among the top 5 IT services company with turnover of 4.1 Bn USD) in various roles. As the Global Head for Digital Enterprise Services, he grew the Digital & IoT business to 10% of total revenue in 2015. He was also responsible for European Sales and Business Operations for Telecom Business in 2011 and attained 60% growth in two years. He also initiated the AT&T relationship and grew business to 200% while opening new territories for Tech Mahindra.
In 1998, he worked with HCL Perot Systems, and served as Director for Perot Systems Ireland, growing Ireland business from scratch to 15 Mn USD.
Dr Bhatnagar has undergone the Global Program for Management Development from Michigan Ross School of Business, USA. He holds Doctorate in Philosophy in Computer Science and Engineering and Masters in Computer Applications from Institute of Management and Technology, Ghaziabad. He did his Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Electronics from Delhi University. In addition, Dr. Bhatnagar is
• Chairperson of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) - IoT Panel in India, a 147 years old UK based institution. It is not for profit & a neutral collaboration platform for IoT thought leaders.
• Member of NASSCOM Smart Cities Task Force and the Startup Core Committee.
• Member of Confederation of Indian Industry for National Committee on Technology and the IoT Core Panel
• Co-authored the book “Enterprise IoT” along with a team from Bosch and Machina Research, which covers IoT project management frameworks, and the methodology.
• Member of Telecommunication Engineering Center (TEC), Govt. of India for framing Standards and Guidelines for Machine to Machine in India.
• Member of the Advisory Committee, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra, a UGC initiative for skill development from industry in India.
• Advisor and Mentor for commercial enterprises- ANGLEpaisa, iB Hubs and Manacle Technologies Pvt Limited.
• Member of the Advisory Group for thought Leadership platforms, such as, India m2m + iot Forum, IoT India Expo and
• IoT, AI and Electricity Track co-chair for Elecrama’s INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE -ENGINEER INFINITE for IoT, AI and Electricity.
Dr Bhatnagar’s career is enriched with experience of spearheading new initiatives, establishing business in new regions, growing new and existing customers from Fortune 500, Telecom, BFSI, Healthcare to Public sector and managing large scale outsourcing projects in multi-vendor and multi-lingual environment. He is credited to have continually delivered sustainable revenue growth in the Internet of Things and Smart City initiatives amongst other digital transformation programs in both mature and emerging economies.